It is very essential to take care of the smallest of things to keep elders safe. Here are some tips to keep in mind for elders living alone or taking care of elders.
- Two battery or solar-powered flashlights. There are also flashlights that can be powered with hand cranks so batteries are not necessary. Make sure the light is bright enough to be useful.
- A first-aid kit –be sure to check the contents of your kit for expired ointments or other items and make sure its contents are appropriate for the elderly person.
- An extra pair of glasses.
- Keep a note of serial number, make and style of medical devices.
- Medical insurance and Medicare cards.
- Medical alert wallet card or bracelet.
- A list of prescription medications and dosage amounts
- A list of the names and phone numbers of physicians and emergency contacts.
Visit CIMS Website and Exclusive Channel